The next INSIGHT has been canceled.
Honda suspended developing the next INSIGHT of a hybrid car.
The current 2nd generation INSIGHT was released in 2009 as a model following the 1st generation in 1999-2006 . However, the volume of sales had fallen short of expectation.
The minor change of the INSIGHT was carried out in 2011 last year. In order to oppose a rival’s Prius, the grade which installed the 1.5L IMA hybrid engine was added. But the situation of sluggish sales was not able to be changed.
Honda judged that it was difficult to sell the next model by INSIGHT brand, and canceled development.
The sale of the current INSIGHT is continued from now on. It will be uninfluential to the user who is considering the purchase of a current model INSIGHT.
The next-generation IMA hybrid engine will be installed in a FIT.
The next INSIGHT had been developed by the plan of the release in 2014. Installation of a new style hybrid system was included in it.
DOHC and Atkison cycle are given to the 1.5L SOHC engine of the current INSIGHT EXCLUSIVE, and a compression ratio is raised even to 13.5 from 10.4.
Although development of the next INSIGHT has been canceled, development of this new IMA hybrid system has been continued.
The new IMA hybrid will be installed in the next model FIT HYBRID. The fuel consumption performance will be released exceeding 40 km/L by JC08 mode.
- Honda price-cuts significantly about STREAM. Line-up will be only RSZ.
- EV sports car INFINITY EMERG-E in Beijing.
- The minor change of LEGACY.The turbo version engine of 86 and BRZ is installed.
- MAZDA3 Hybrid will be released in 2013.
- Prius C / Toyota has exhibited the new Hybrid Car in Tokyo Motor Show 2011.
- The compact SUV based on next FIT(JAZZ) will be released in 2013 by Honda.
- Mazda is developing CX-3 of compact SUV following CX-5.
- New Mazda6 will be exhibited at Paris Motor Show in September, 2012.
- Honda has announced the Aqura RLX Concept.
- SUBARU XV will be released in the next autumn.Instrumentalpanel & trunk photos.